Dear FWNA neighbors and friends,
The Fair West Neighbor Association General Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 19, 2017, at 6:30 at the Alice Hoppes African American Pavilion at the State Fairgrounds. (building at the end of Gate 3. Parking is free) SEE MAP
Because of neighbors’ concerns regarding the increase of homeless visitors to our neighborhood, the focus of this meeting will be addressing resources and understanding of this population and how we make sure every one feels both safe and welcomed.
Speakers will include representatives from our City Councilor office, APD Crisis Outreach Program, the San Juan Friary, and Health Care for the Homeless.
Please come and invite your neighbors. We look forward to seeing you.
Please join us for the neighborhood fall cleanup on Saturday, Sept. 23rd, 2017. Meet in Fox Park at 9 am. Coffee, donuts, gloves and bags provided.
Meet and mingle with neighbors and enjoy free ice cream.
Fair West Neighborhood Ice Cream Social
When: Sunday August 20th, 3-5pm
Where: Fox Memorial Park
Hope to see you! Please share this with your neighbors.
FWNA board members had a successful meeting with the Monks from the San Juan Friary to find ways to work together to keep our neighborhood safe. The Friary will be hosting an Open House in the near future. Please sign up for the Fair West neighborhood newsletter to receive news & notices of neighborhood meetings, events and alerts.
Summer is here so let’s keep our streets safe for kids and everyone! APD has a community substation with special funds to address problems with speeding. If you see someone speeding in Fair West, call 857-8421, APD La Cueva Community Substation.
The Fair West Neighbor Association Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 6:00 at the Alice Hoppes African American Pavilion at the State Fairgrounds. (building at the end of Gate 3) SEE MAP
- Meet and Greet with mayoral candidates from 6:00-6:30 pm.
- City Councilor Pat Davis Office will address issues related to our neighborhood including traffic and parking during the Gathering of Nations.
- ABQ City Park Representative and FWNA Park Committee Leader will speak about Memorial trees and tree replacement strategy.
- Alvarado Park Farmer’s Market Board Member will explain how it works.
- Tim Keller will speak on State Auditing issues that effect our area.
- APD SE Heights Representatives have been invited to speak about community policing.
We look forward to seeing you. Please bring a neighbor.