Parking Permits are available online. Note that fees apply when requesting permits using the online system. See DMD Press Release (2020)
Parking permits are issued to residents whose address is on a street with permit parking restrictions. Applications for on street parking permit(s) can be made online at https://cabqparkingpermits.rmcpay.com
in person at the Parking Division Office, Plaza Del Sol, 600 2nd Street NW, 5th Floor, Room#510.
Parking Contacts | How do I report:
- Parking violations?
- I am having guests?
- I have lost my permit?
Monday – Friday 8AM – 5PM
Call 924-3950 | Parking Division Office
They can ticket and help with enforcement exceptions.
Call 242-COPS or Ask 311
They can tow cars causing a hazard
Or, for faster service use a City App
On-Street Permit-Only Parking for Fair West Neighborhood
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM FAIR WEST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
Just in time for the 2019 State Fair, some residential streets in Fair West Neighborhood that are most impacted by non-resident traffic and street parking during events at EXPO New Mexico will have permit-only parking for residents and their visitors who wish to park on the street. If your address is on a street with permit parking restrictions, and you wish for you or your guests to park on the street, you must obtain a permit from the City of Albuquerque. CABQ allows 3 passes per residence: 2 homeowner passes and 1 visitor pass, or 1 homeowner pass and 2 visitor passes. The addresses that are included in permit-only parking are the following:
- 200 through 900 blocks of CAGUA DR. NE
- 200 through 900 blocks of LAGUAYRA DR. NE
- 200 through 900 blocks of CARDENAS DR. NE
- 200 through 900 blocks of VALENCIA DR. NE
- 200 through 900 blocks of ALVARADO DR. NE
This solution was proposed by Fair West residents in a series of public community meetings, which began in January 2019, in collaboration with City Councilor Pat Davis and the City of Albuquerque (CABQ). This proposed solution passed with a majority of Fair West neighbors in the proposed permit-only parking area supporting the measure, using the CABQ permit parking petitioning process. Permit-only parking on the impacted streets will be in effect as of September 1, 2019.
The City of Albuquerque is making their staff available to distribute permits and visitor passes to Fair West residents on Saturday, August 24th from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm at the Sundowner Apartments, 6101 Central Ave NE.
Residents must complete the On-Street Parking Permit Application [PDF], and bring the following:
If the applicant is the Property Owner the following is required:
- Valid Government issued ID Card
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration for all vehicles requiring a permit
- Proof of Ownership – a Utility Bill or Local Property Tax Bill
If the applicant is a Renter or Tenant the following is required:
- Valid Government issued ID Card or Student ID Card
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration for all vehicles requiring a permit. If not the vehicle owner, please provide a hand written letter from the vehicle owner that is signed along with a copy of the owner’s ID
- Valid Lease or notarized letter from property owner verifying a tenant agreement
- Proof of residency – a Utility Bill in your name – example: Cable, Cell phone, Electric, Gas, Internet, or a Paycheck Stub. Government correspondence or a Bank statement is also acceptable
If you are unable to attend the distribution on Saturday, 8/24, applications for on street parking permit(s) must be made in person at the Parking Division Office, Plaza Del Sol, 600 2nd Street NW, 5th Floor, Room #510. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm and closed 12 noon to 1 pm for lunch. Office telephone number is 505-924-3950.
Visitor Permits – are only valid within a two residential block radius of the property address. The visitor permit will not be replaced if it is lost or stolen. Both of these policies are strictly enforced.
All Parking Permits – must be placed on the driver’s side dash or adhered to the windshield to be visible for the City of Albuquerque’s Parking Enforcement Division.
Parking Permits are Non-Transferable – In the event the vehicle is sold, traded or salvaged the permit attached to the vehicle will need to be returned to the Parking Division to receive a replacement.
Rental Properties – The owners of rental properties are encouraged to establish as part of their tenant’s clearance procedures a process to retrieve parking permits from the vacating tenants of the rental property. Failure to retrieve permits may delay the issuance of new permits.
Outstanding or unpaid parking citations must be addressed before the City of Albuquerque can issue any permit(s).
This information may be found online here: https://www.cabq.gov/municipaldevelopment/residents/parking/on-street-parking-permit-application
Parking contact info is below and may also be found at this link: https://www.cabq.gov/municipaldevelopment/residents/parking/contact
Any questions should be directed to:
Parking Division Office
Department of Municipal Development
Phone: (505) 924-3950
600 2nd St. NW, Plaza Del Sol Building, Room 510
Albuquerque NM 87102
P.O. Box 1293
Albuquerque NM 87102
2019 Summary Reports from the Fair West – State Fair Traffic Meetings
PDF summary reports from the 2019 meetings regarding State Fair traffic issues in Fair West as prepared by meeting facilitator Kathleen Oweegon.
- Summary of 1-31-19 FWNA Facilitated State Fair Traffic meeting #1 [PDF]
- Summary of 4-9-19 FWNA Facilitated State Fair Traffic meeting #2 [PDF]
- Summary of 6-12-19 FWNA Facilitated State Fair Traffic meeting #3 [PDF]
- Summary of 7-23-19 FWNA Facilitated State Fair Traffic meeting #4 [PDF]
- Summary of 9-24-19 FWNA Facilitated State Fair Traffic Debriefing Meeting [PDF]
Agendas and Supporting Documents