If four other Fair West neighbors are willing to help drive this program and if 100 homes (property owners) can be found for the trees in our neighborhood, then FWNA will apply for this tree grant.
If you are interested in being a program volunteer driver or making a home for a tree on your property please message or email email@example.com
The deadline is May 10, 2021, six days before the annual meeting.
About the NeighborWoods Program
City Councilor Davis and Tree NM have teamed up once again to bring District 6 another NeighborWoods Grant opportunity. If your association is interested in 100 free street trees and 100 free small trees to be planted this fall please apply by Monday, May 10th .
Over the past years NeighborWoods Grants have brought over 800 trees and the knowledge to care for them to the South San Pedro, Trumbull Village, Elder Homestead, University Heights, Victory Hills, and Parkland Hills neighborhoods. And your neighborhood could be next!
Neighborhood Association Requirements:
- A group of around 5 lead volunteers to help us drive the project
- As many volunteers as possible to plant the trees
- Help finding homes for the 100 street trees
- Clusters of trees are most impactful. We can plant anywhere within 20 feet back from the street (front and side yards are ok in some cases!)
- There are usually 8+ varieties of street trees that will be available
- Property owners must sign for the trees and Tree-Bates will be available