Fair West Neighbors:
Make sure your voice is heard about the livability of Fair West, the Near Heights, and ABQ. Please join us in assessing our neighborhood with City planners as part of the Community Planning Area (CPA) assessment going on now for our area, defined as Near Heights.
Two ways to participate
- In-person Walking Audit. Saturday, March 27th from 9:45 am to 11:30 am
- Take part in one of two 8 person groups
- We will gather at 9:45 am at Marion L. Fox Memorial Park. Groups will leave the park no later than 10:10 am and will conclude at the park at 11:30 am
- The walking audit is one mile long and will take an hour to an hour and a half to complete, depending on pace and time needed for discussion. Preview the route here.
- We will need one person to document each of the two audits with a video camera. Please indicate if you would like this position and can bring a camera with enough space and battery life to record for the whole audit when you send your email to register.
- Please bring water, a pen or pencil, and a clipboard (if you have one.) Some clipboards will be available to borrow.
- The walking audit will follow state COVID-19 guidelines. All participants will be expected to wear masks at all times and observe social distancing.
To register send an email with your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation will be first come first serve. If you sign up and find you cannot attend, please send an email so someone else can have your spot.
- Self-directed Walking Audit
- After the in-person Walking Audit you will be able to conduct your own audit.
- We will post instructions and video of the in-person audit on our Facebook page with a link to submit your findings to City staff.
- You will have a week to complete and return your self-directed Walking Audit. The deadline for submission will be Midnight on Sunday, April 4, 2021
Fair West Neighborhood Association