Beginning on September 11, crews will begin sewer rehabilitation work along La Veta Drive NE and Zia Road NE (see map below). This will require roadway excavation and a complete closure to through traffic along this stretch of roadway. Regular work hours will be from 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. However, crews may work outside of these hours if necessary. Target completion date is sometime in mid-October, but as with all construction projects this timetable is subject to change. How will this improvement project impact you?
- La Veta Drive NE and Zia Road NE will be closed to through traffic between for the duration of the project, however residents will always be able to cross the barricades to access homes and driveways.
- It is not anticipated that water and sewer service will be interrupted except in the event of an emergency.
- For trash pick-up days, place your trash bins in its usual spot. The City of Albuquerque has been notified of this construction and the crews will accommodate the solid waste truck on trash days.
Please use caution and obey all construction signage, slow down your speed, and allow for extra time to reach your destination.
- Have questions and concerns? Please contact:
Daven Tagaban, Water Authority, Project Manager, 505-289-3269, email@example.com
- Rachel Stone, Water Authority, Communications Specialist, 505-289-3071, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Riley, RMCI Inc., Contractor, 505-264-1663o
- Emergencies and after-hours call 505-842-WATR (9287)
(NOTE: All work is weather permitting and subject to change without notice)
Thank you for your patience while we improve Albuquerque’s infrastructure