“Take a Ride on Us” Uber Rides for the Halloween Season
The “Take a Ride on Us” program gives the community a safe ride option to avoid driving under the influence during the times in which high alcohol consumption is common.
- Safe rides are available from noon on Friday, Oct 25th through 3 a.m. on Nov 1st.
- Customers will need to download the Uber app and use the code ABQTREAT19 to receive a credit of up to $10 off for one trip throughout Bernalillo County.
- The maximum number of rides available is 1,000 and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The credit can only be used for rides, not Uber Eats, and the discount does not cover tip.
- The average Uber ride in the Albuquerque area runs less than $10. If the cost for the ride exceeds $10, the patron will have to cover the remaining amount.
“Take a Ride on Us” is the creation of Cumulus Media Albuquerque. The program has seen massive success through partnerships with the Bernalillo County Department of Behavioral Health Services, the New Mexico Department of Transportation (ENDWI), Ron Bell Injury Lawyers, the City of Albuquerque Department of Family & Community Services and Uber.
Bernalillo County has contributed $80,000 to this effort, helping to pay for the first $10 of each Uber ride. The county’s financial contribution comes from liquor excise taxes – additional taxes that New Mexico retailers and consumers pay when purchasing alcohol. Funds provided by Bernalillo County for this effort will help fund the program until the end of the current fiscal year, June 30, 2020.
Since the program’s inception in the summer of 2017, “Take a Ride on Us” has provided a safe ride option to nearly 20,000 riders in the Albuquerque Metro area.